Thursday, August 13, 2015

30th Birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I sketched this last year but didn't have time to clean up til recently. Photoshop has always been my go to until I bought Manga Studio 5. The pen tool worked even better than micon pens and so much better than photoshop brushes. Different tools for different things of course. PS is for painting and MS5 is for well...manga and crisp lines. I could use illustrator but I just never really liked how it works. Behind FP is says Om. Thats the extent of that language I know. I did research for this heavily so I hope it's pretty accurate. 

So August 17 I will be 30 years on this earth,hooray. This whole post is going to be about some positive things because this is an important milestone for me. I've gone to a lot of therapy in the past 2 years,gotten medication to help and moved cross country. I've finished a short story about a zombie and the woman who loved her,I'm working on my second book along with a weekly comic that I actually keep up with! When I first started making comics online I only posted 3 pages of every story I tried to start,ever. I also had school 40 hours a week and a job. 

This is basically the finished cover for Press Start. It should be done by September 1. 


I sent a pitch into Elements Anthology and currently waiting for some kind of email saying I got in. I have to cross my fingers,heh. It's the first pitch I've officially made. It's about a female shounen hero who's also kind of a magical girl. Her name is Citlamina,she has a cute girlfriend & is always trying to protect people. 
Mina is a buffbitch who will kick your butt

I'm very excited about starting Ashes and Coffee Stains next year. Been making character sheet for the first 4 main characters so far. They're on my patreon in full form with facial expressions and body poses. 

 The best thing thats happened this year is I've been making friends fast! It's always been excruciatingly hard to make friends but since I have medicine now,some therapy exercises instilled and I'm out of LA it's way easier to talk to people. Sorry LA lovers,ya can keep it! Everything here is so much easier to get too and also it's not hot as a desert. I went to my second Toons On Tap where it was a Wonder Woman theme. Had lots of fun too while talking to people.










No comments: