Monday, July 20, 2015

Atomic Lollipop 2015: The show!


My first con in Toronto,yay! I was holding off doing conventions til next year but I really wanted to make new friends and get to know the scene here. Ever since we got here I've been going to events and not having much luck making connections. Even normal people would have a hard time of it after moving to a whole new place where the only one you know is your spouse. I don't know how I ever made friends in the first place but thanks for liking me enough to keep talking. 

Usually I get more time to prep for a con but I got the acceptance notice for this 2 weeks before the event! I don't know what happened but I worked my ass off for the 2 weeks making comic pages and making some new prints. 



I had this Stevonnie sketch in my book so I cleaned that up. I also made my make it rain tiger bucks into a print.Surprisingly I sold out of my Marci/PB and Jake/Lady prints. Not so surprising was I sold most of my grilled cheese hot tub & breakfast threesome prints. I love food puns so had some weird burst of confidence about them.  


This is my new table poster/banner. I seen most people only have 1 image but I really like a lot of my pieces and wanted to be different as well. When I get a little more money I want to make it into one of those big banners. 

Next up is all (beside 1 I forgot take a pic of) of the commissions I did this weekend. I had a "Custom Inkling" sign up and I will admit that caught more eyes than my regular sketch commission page. 



 Overall the con was fun. I shared a table with Scott Uminga and his nice boyfriend Kevin. They drew in my sketchbook and I in theirs. One bad thing about the con was that there wasn't a seating chart UNTIL we got there. As far as I knew anyway. If there was one I could have been promoting it for the entire time! Next time I get a table at Atomic Lollipop I'll do it months in advance for sure!

No comments: