Friday, June 5, 2015

June BLOOM!


June Gloom? NO! JUNE BLOOM! Recently I bought a sketchbook from an artist I really like and I got inspired to unleash myself from this art block I've had for a month or so. It doesn't look like it maybe but I've been feeling stagnant for months with my drawing. I've been drawing Social Hangover for 6 months now and been working on Press start since January. I needed a shake up that going outside and being social just wasn't hitting. Seeing Solomon Fletcher work is what did it. Click their name to get the sketchbook yourselves. It is FREE but I highly suggest paying for it. They are THAT good. They make the comic Goldy and the Bears  too. NSFW just so you know.

I'm going to try to keep my sketches private and make a yearly sketchbook this year. Monthly if I can really buckle down for it. It's been a long time since I've felt this spark. It was back in one drawing class I had that I would fill pages and pages with neon color markers and pencils. Well I am back! 

I made this last week because someone was making me mad with their pessimistic elitist attitude towards the comic community.  I know if you need to bitch about an issue then go for it! If you're just being negative though just leave. You're basically a wall shouting at itself. I ain't got time for that. I made this hand gesture by accident while ranting to myself. I made the galaxy pattern for some dress I was drawing the other month. Making galaxy print is really fun. I'm going to make these into stickers for future cons. I applied to a few and hope I get a reply soon. 




These are some pages I did recently in my poor abandon sketchbook. The Pokemon on is a mini comic 


I'm making and the second pages is just Lars and Sadie from Steven Universe. I'm a big shipper I can't help it. I may be making another mini for Sadie and Lars about their first official date. I like the idea of making mini comics like other people I admire. It's making me get smarter about layout and the way a character can fill a panel.

Ever since the episodes where the Gems from space came I've had a FLCL feeling. I'm trying to make a big crossover art by my birthday with all the characters. I really like Periodot for some reason. the whole don't touch my stuff.stop breaking my things really resonates with me. 



I watched Nightcrawler this week and it was INTENSE. I never feel anxious when I watch movies,even thrillers. So many are just not that exciting. This was really well done though! It really built up each character just enough to get you to like them them flipped it around into hate and fear. At least for me it did and probably others. I made a speed paint for this one and I have been slowly making more youtube content. 




I also made a speed paint for some Ashes and Coffee Stains characters. I'll be uploading those to my Patreon in a week or so as I finish them all. 




Heres to a summer of drawing! get ready for lots of long blogs! 

No comments: