Monday, May 11, 2015

TCAF 2015



LIFE GOAL ACHIEVED! We got to go to TCAF this weekend and it was amaaaaaaazzziiiinggg.This is our stash. 


Besides my skateboard I put my stickers on my art box. I like stickers like Benny like Spaceships. 
Benny




 The Goods:

Getting to all the people I wanted was not easy. I missed getting Nimona because I got there right as they told me Noelle was going to a panel. The one guy gave me some attitude when I asked if I should come back tomorrow nicely. Thats not why I didn't go get the book. I went back the next morning but...... it was sold out. I bought a sticker though and she was super nice enough to sign my Lumber Janes.


It was hard to get everything I set out to before I went. It was just so crowded and my anxiety was killing me. I really REALLY wanted to mini from Gisele who makes Start Trip. I did get the cool print,some stickers and a perfect origami butterfly. It felt extra special because of the gold pen. ^O^ But even more so because PB teased me as we left the table saying it's so cute to see me fan girl.



The Panels:

Some were the best most fantastic help! Some....were miss.  Overall between PB & I we went to 5-6 of them. The distribution panel was super great! Geoffrey Golden was on it & it was so weird because I had a making comics a class with him 2 years ago in LA!. I went to their Devastator booth later in the day but met is super cool partner Amanda Meadows. THEN when I went to the Anthology panel next day seen her again,lol. They are cool people and I learned a LOT.

Friends:

I felt awkward off and on. Day 1 I went with a new friend,that was nice. Missed one friend because she was volunteering. Seen one on the way out who handed me the last TCJ book because I missed the last one. In a few panels there were some who randomly talked to me. There were a few who stared at me like I was a moose with fairy wings. I am always analyzing my surroundings especially when in big volume events like this. I was definitely a bit...odd? Though maybe just because of 1 aspect, I'm used to feeling weird with the general public but it's be nice if "my people" the indie nerds would be nicer and I don't know..NOT STARE! I know it's hard to believe a unicorn like me exists with my beautiful brown skin & rainbow hair.


Overall I can't wait til next year. I plan to volunteer myself so I can make more friends and see more stuff.

No comments: