Sunday, June 2, 2013

Welcome to the summer run

It's been a very busy month and a half since Tomo Neko cafe and this is part of what I've done. Last night (6/1/13) I went to the Bent-Con live drawing session. Friend Sunshine (purple) was a great model and I got to meet some more nice people too. It's my own fault not being able to give more art to the silent auction. When I get into drawing things I use both sides of the paper and fill it in as much a possible. I did get to donate one tho,seen bellow. That model had a brilliant piercing stare,it was great! 



This was the last painting I did in class and it was so cool to paint a live model. I learned a lot about how to paint skin. It was pretty funny too that it was the same model I draw in Anatomy 1, 6 years before. Nothing like full circle advancement. It feels like I proved to the teacher that he was right to suggest me to his advanced figure drawing class in the fall. I can't wait because he is a really good teacher. 
If you haven't heard already all over my twitter and facebook I have a table at Ninja-Con with my friend Kat,hooray! This is the table sign I made for it and cons for the rest of this year. So far I'm going to Bent-con as a artist table and will be at Anime Expo as a guest. I want to try and get a table at Long Beach Horror and Comic Con but we will see how my day job goes. ^_^  So far as I can tell this job I have now knows I am a serious artist and that well,it's a restaurant job. It's a lovely place too,so arty and fresh. The menu is changed seasonally and we use local farms for our food. DUDES IT IS SO FRESH! 

Here are all the characters I used individually on the table sign... They are all my original characters,my babies. You have seen Agnes and Rae in Gardenia but the rest are from other projects I have been making since 1997. 



No comments: