Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The art life of a cat

7 weeks of oil painting class and these are what I have so far. From painting eggs to copies of master paintings to fruit. I knew I would like this class the first day when the teacher started showing us his work and talking about why he likes to paint and what. This guy,dudes,his work is intimidating! Probably one of my fave teachers in a long time. Marc Trujillo is the oil painting instructor: Blog & Wiki


When I was first painting I had a very hard time using the medium and paint because it just got thicker. It makes it worse if you rub turpenoid on it to take some off. Best advice,use less paint. O_O I can't tell you how,you'll just have to figure it out with your own hands. My poor ugly goat. I was ashamed of it before but I give up,it's just showing that I got better. Marc said it looked like a dog and oh glob it does. The little goats?:That is due to animation school and concept art class. It's a habit. 

If you're a noob like me after a while you learn what kind of surface you like painting on. I started with smooth surfaces,gesso-ing the canvas for hours but I find that I like rough surfaces because it;s easier for me to paint on. I spent 3 weeks on the big one there: Allegory of Peace. After working my mistakes out on that I painted that apple and orange in class the following week and that is possibly the fastest I have ever done a nice looking painting. I'm still going to finish Allegory of Peace because I ended up liking it. 

Progress
The next painting on the list is outdoor paintings experimenting with light changes. I love painting outside and I will be in the school garden most of the class painting the veggies and new baby strawberries. After that I think we start on the final which is where we can paint anything we want. I am going to do a portrait of Tyrion Lannastar. He is one of our(my BF too) favorite characters in Game of Thrones so far. Also because of  Peter Dinklage


 

Since I have been so busy with the Tomo Neko Cafe I didn't have time to do much personal work. When I did have a moment tho I made birthday sketches for my art friends whom I adore. Cookie girl is a little poke at the one time art battle I had with Gelmisar and my BF. Cookie girl won against the big strong man Walter and the Bard because she is a cute little girl who has a cookie gun. Check them both out. Gelmisar is a character artist and illustrator and my BF is a noir mystery writer who loves modern fantasy.

Then we have Luna for KarlaUsagi. I haven't drawn Luna in years and I loved this also because of cupcakes. Check her art out because she is funny and cute and makes comics!

 
2 me doodles I did to let off steam at things during the past few months. First is me as Maid Flame Princess. I didn't get time to make my head band but I looked so rad that day! Second is something depicting treatment I get that bothers me on an almost daily basis.

I get it ok. I'm a hot girl who is quirky and loves to dress in as much vibrant color as possible. Yes I just said that I am hot. Whatever their reason is for hitting on,stalking or even harassing me in any other way, it is not acceptable of social behavior. If you think it is then please stay away from me because I have no problem defending myself or my point. It is disgusting the way women and even at times men are treated as prey these days. Some people don't even have the decency to engage you in basic conversation  They just flat out FOLLOW YOU UNTIL YOU GET SCARED AND RUN OR THEY CATCH YOU. Before I go off on a long rant I will say there will be a mini comic on this subject. Like a guide for those who lack social etiquette. Like the how to manuals or warning guides people at trains stations give out on how you're going to hell. But you know,logical.

No comments: