Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer 2014 part 1

Summer at Pasadena College was my first finally getting to take some art classes. There are 2 summer semesters at PCC and they're both about 6 weeks long. This was the first session,Sketching for Design,took it with Stan Kong. Those 6 weeks went by so fast that I can't remember what came when so I'll post them best order I can recall. 
I liked the second project we did which was graffiti writing our initials. The second round of this assignment was kept by the prof. and I hope I get it back in fall,haha. These were my favorite from round 1.


It was energy drink idea time but I don't like energy drinks,they mess with my anxiety levels too much. I made energy tea instead. This is a compilation of my favorite ideas from that assignment. The one I liked best was the one I based on a D20 then I mixed that up with an Atari controller and the Mondo juice drinks from my youth.

Mondo the sugar potion of yor


Next was insects with the technique with a micron/technical pen and only detailing parts of the drawing. Copic markers were used on most of my work because I wanted to practice with color as well as contrast. 



Trees are next up and I learned how to draw conifer trees much better. I didn't know subconscious was so strong that I had a default tree and it was not a conifer. 


The last project we did was to draw neatly arranged items filling a whole page 8+ pages of them. O_O 
No one has yet gotten their final back,from the people I'm still friends with in that class. This is one of the pages I kept and had to redraw. So this is a sketch of the sketch. 

No comments: